Monday, January 21, 2008

More coffee talk

Nothing like a little excitement to pump up the Google Analytics-- or the social engagements, for that matter. Now I have plans to go out to dinner and also for coffee. This doesn't begin to touch the phone calls or emails I've had about interesting topics like blogging, library transparency, internet privacy, and accountability.

Would it be interesting to share these in a forum like a blog? Yup. Do I see that happening anytime soon, though? Not necessarily. What would it take to create a library climate wherein staff felt safe and respected while presenting their views on such important topics? Is this a Learning 2.0 issue, or is the technology itself the real focus?

I'm sure I don't have the answers. I do know that technologies will come and go; but a safe, welcoming atmosphere where home numbers and personal accounts are not necessary would be a laudable goal. Because clearly I'm not the only one with this much to say.

No comments: