Sunday, January 20, 2008

It's a yarn thing


I went to the open house today at Sarah Jane's Yarn Shoppe* at North Anthony Shopping Center and saw a number of familiar faces. It was very cool-- even if I hadn't won a stunning pair of size 13 Lantern Moon rosewood straight knitting needles. The real bummer of the deal is that I'm not yet a competent knitter; but that's OK. I still have plenty of winter evenings to remedy that situation.

I think it would be cozy and tons of fun to have a knitting circle for new and established knitters. We've had stuff like this for patrons for quite some time-- I started Handmade Mondays at the Main Library years ago and I think a number of branches still get good numbers for their more current programs-- but I'd welcome a chance to talk to staff from other branches more often than I do now.

I've seen discussion of this on other 2.0 blogs. Are we ready to get serious about a craft circle, people? If so, where? When?

*Logo used with permission and gratitude of Sarah Jane's Yarn Shoppe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen, I HIGHLY recommend the Stitch 'n Bitch books as a reference tool. There are great tips, patterns and lots of useful instructions. They are very reasonably priced, as well.

Kirsten said...

we also have them at the library! (insert sneaky heh..heh..heh.. here)

And I think a a staff crafting group would be a great idea too