Thursday, December 13, 2007

Merry Christmas to me, or why this SAHM didn't need an iPod


I was ever so excited to get my iPod Shuffle last year for Christmas. I opened up my iTunes account, dumped copious amounts of kindie rock into the iPod, and in general I checked out all its majesty. But about the only time I could really use it was when Ian was with the girls and I was out shoveling the walk. Otherwise, it's an efficient method for blocking out the adorable antics of two wonderful little girls. Eyeww.

In my imaginings, I had thought it would be perfect when I stepped outside to work out, but in reality working out means pushing a stroller-- or a grocery cart-- much of the time. Don't get me wrong, I think iPods and other technologies like it are very important, I just don't make time for them at this particular juncture of my life. If I had a half hour to spare, and nobody at all who needed me, I might take a nap-- or play this maddeningly addictive game with the adorable dancing earbuds!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am a sahm and cant wait to get an ipod. i see myself using it after everyone i asleep and i am stuck doing the dishes. it would be so nice to listen to npr or a podcast of the news...i am trying to hold off until i lose 50 pounds and use it as a reward.